Benefits Of Importing
By importing your vehicle, you could save anywhere from 10-40% on your purchase in comparison to the general market or other car dealerships. Become the very first New Zealand owner. Your vehicle has gone through a strict NZ compliance process to ensure quality. The vehicle will be odometer verified. Gain access to a wide variety of vehicles in Japan. Choose from 72 different auction houses with over 500,000 different cars per month. Gain access to vehicle auction information and Japanese car history (Only certain vehicles have this available) .
Please make payment to our bank account: ANZ BANK: Account name: Urban Imports ltd Account number: 06-0237-0831574-00 Reference : Use your full name as reference
Most vehicles imported will usually pass compliance smoothly without requiring any additional work. However once in a while we do expect vehicles to fail compliance where in that case we will go above and beyond to make sure the vehicle meets New Zealand Compliance standards. We will do our best to reduce vehicle compliance preparation costs as we believe in giving you the best deal throughout the full process. All required work will be notified and approved by the customer before Urban Imports proceeds with the repairs. All work carried out by our contractors will be invoiced by Urban Imports. Vehicles with a bid price lower than $19,999, we charge a flat service fee of $1000. Vehicles with a bid price of $20,000 or higher, we charge a 5% service fee. For example, a client wins a vehicle for a bid price of $50,000 (NZD). Our service fee charge would be $2500 ( 5%).
Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF):
International transfer fee (from NZD to Yen):
On road costs:
Clean car rebate fee:
Emission fees :
|Vehicle Price||Service Fee Costs|
|$0 - $19,999||$1000|
|$20,000+||%5 of winning bid price|
We highly recommend grade 4 or above cars, non-accident and damage free vehicles. You can bid on lower graded vehicles at your own risk but please be aware that your vehicle could require extra repairs when landed. However, if you are looking at importing a track only use vehicle or a vehicle for parts, feel free to bid on whatever you wish at your own risk. We have people who can translate the auction sheets and have in-house representatives in Japan who check the cars on our behalf. This is a great advantage as it gives customers the confidence that they are buying quality vehicles. However not all cars can be checked by our in-house representatives as our partners in Japan could have location restrictions. So almost all judgement is based on the auction papers provided by the auction houses in Japan.
NZ import laws and regulations
The vehicle must meet New Zealand Emissions standards. The vehicle must have ESC ( Electronic stability control). The vehicle must meet frontal impact compliance standards ( MA, MB,MC) - check export certificate. The vehicle must be year 2004 or above. Vehicles 20 years or older can be imported as a classic vehicle , exempting it from Emissions and frontal impact regulations. So any vehicle year 2000 and under can be made road legal in New Zealand.
Any vehicle between the year 2001 to 2003 cannot be imported as these years do not meet the New Zealand Emission standards. Left hand drive vehicles cannot be made road legal. Vehicles without Electronic stability control ( ESC) cannot be made road legal.
For more information on importing a special interest vehicle:
With over 6 years experience in both car importation and wholesaling, we understand how the whole car industry operates. We offer competitive prices for wholesale customers doing more than 7 cars per month. For new clients looking to start their own dealership, we not only provide importation services but also provide good advice for your start up. We will provide you with free knowledge on how to operate a car dealership and a wide range of networks to supplement your business. We will give you tips and tricks on how to operate , what to do and what not to do, absolutely free as long as you are using our importation services. For inquiries on wholesale clients, please Email us at [email protected]
Information We CollectWe collect various types of information to fulfill our business purposes and provide you with our services. The information we collect may include:
- Personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and billing information.
- Information about your purchases, orders, and preferences.
- Feedback, reviews, and survey responses provided by you.
How We Use Your InformationWe use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To send promotional or marketing content to our customers, with the option to unsubscribe.
- To fulfill and manage your orders, including processing payments and returns.
- To administer prize draws and competitions when you voluntarily participate.
- To request feedback and improve our services based on your personal information.
- To protect our services, detect and prevent fraud, and enforce our terms and policies.
- To manage user accounts and provide customer support.
- For data analysis, understanding usage trends, and evaluating marketing effectiveness.
- To respond to customer inquiries and provide support for any issues related to our services.
- To provide you with the requested services and deliver a personalized experience.
- We will not use your personal information without your consent.
Sharing of Your InformationWe may share your personal information in the following circumstances: - With vendors, consultants, contractors, agents, and service providers who assist in performing services on our behalf.
- With third parties who use tracking technology through our services for data analysis and service interaction analysis.
- In connection with business transfers, contracts, negotiations, company financing, or any merger or sale of the company's assets.
- With third-party advertising companies to send ads when you visit our website.
We do not sell, share, rent, or trade any of your personal information with third parties.